Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Many Updates!

Hi. A lot has been going on since the last update. My surgery date for the lapband surgery. My original surgery date was this Thursday, August 23. Unfortunately, it needed to be changed to October 4, 2007. Let me explain: when you start your journey for weight loss surgery, you have to undergo several tests. I had to get a cardiac clearance. This entailed having a nuclear stress test. The test itself wasn't too bad. Anyway, when the cardiologist called me with results, he said that "there may be something". Well, you an imagine what I thought! He said my EKG was very good and that showed that I had a strong heart. The echocardiogram was also very good, which shows how strong the heart valves are. The actual nuclear part of the stress test showed a potential blockage! My cardiologist said he didn't think it was anything, but that the doctor that read it said it could be a blockage. Anyway, I had to have a cardiac catherization on Thursday, August 17. Thank God that everything was clear. The doctor said I have a very strong heart. Well, enough about me.

Lizzie is officially in her big girl bed now. It is a twin bed with Cinderella sheets, comforter and pillow. She absolutely loves it. No one can sit on the bed except Mommy and Daddy and Aunt Lisa and Aunt Fran. She even told her Mom-Mom to move to a chair. The first day we had it set up she was up and down the stairs at least 20 times checking on it! Our baby will be three years old on September 20. I simply cannot believe it!

Here are some random pictures for you to enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy - Lizzie is adorable. She is growing so fast.

So glad to hear you are all well. Keep me posted with the surgery. You are all in my thoughts!

Karen Jackson